Compelling commodity with attractive fundamentals
- Vanadium demand is underpinned by its use in steel, which is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (‘CAGR’) of 2.7 % through 2029
- Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries (‘VRFBs’) are expected to increase vanadium demand by a CAGR of 6% per year by 2027;
- Supply is concentrated and constrained and there is limited new supply expected from greenfield projects given the higher barriers to entry;
- Medium to long-term market fundamentals remain attractive, and existing primary producers such as Bushveld Minerals are best positioned to deliver new supply.
Quality Vanadium Assets
- Bushveld Minerals’ primary vanadium resources offer significant growth potential. Our ore bodies comprise large, high-grade opencast deposits, with grades of 1.6 – 2.0 % V2O5 in-magnetite, which are among the highest in the world;
- The Company’s 550 Mt (100% basis) combined resource is one of the largest in the world and is complemented by low-cost, scalable processing capacity;
- Bushveld Minerals owns 2 of the world’s 4 operating primary vanadium processing facilities and has capacity to scale up production significantly, increasing its share of the vanadium market.
Diverse Product Offering
- Through Vametco and Vanchem, Bushveld Minerals produces Nitrovan, ferrovanadium, vanadium oxides and vanadium chemicals, which deliver a diversified revenue stream from the steel, chemicals and energy storage markets
Leading Position in VRFB Technology
- Bushveld Minerals, through its subsidiary Bushveld Energy, focuses on VRFB technology within the stationary storage market. The energy storage market is expected to grow to US$50 billion by 2027
- Bushveld Minerals’ vertical integration strategy allows it to mine, process and manufacture vanadium-based products in a single value chain and provides flexibility to maximise sales, depending on product demand dynamics;
- We are leveraging our low-cost scalable production base to build a leading downstream vanadium-based energy storage platform, to enable us to play a key role across the VRFB value chain;
- Vertical integration is key, not only for strengthening the vanadium demand profile from energy storage, but also for unlocking significant economic opportunities for the Company through a single value chain;
- The Company’s vertical integration strategy will provide a natural hedge against volatility in the vanadium price, as the Group can supply the steel, chemicals and energy storage markets to maintain its solid position throughout the commodity cycle.
- Bushveld Minerals’ experienced leadership team provides a pool of skills and depth of experience that will enable it to achieve its targets;
- The team has the necessary vanadium mining and processing experience to ensure targets are achieved;
- The management team has a proven track record of value-creating transactions that have generated strong returns for shareholders;
- Board composition is constantly reviewed to ensure strong corporate governance.
- Bushveld Minerals is committed to high standards of corporate governance and applies the Quoted Companies Alliance Corporate Governance Code;
- The Company continuously reviews its governance policies and is committed to improving its practices over time.
Sustainability – value beyond compliance
- Bushveld Minerals is dedicated to maintaining sustainable mining and processing practices across all of our operations and projects. This includes ensuring our employees enjoy a healthy and safe working environment, that we operate in an environmentally and socially responsible manner, and that we add value to all stakeholders with whom we work;
- The Company actively promotes the principles of the circular economy, developing the technical and commercial parameters to ensure that vanadium contained in VRFBs is re-used. VRFBs are one of the key solutions to integrate renewable energy globally and accelerate the rate of the energy transition.
- Bushveld Minerals is committed to delivering attractive returns to its shareholders. We apply a consistent and disciplined approach towards capital allocation to manage the Group’s growth initiatives.